Friday, January 23, 2009

Warren Buffett "Not Opposed" to Berkshire Hathaway Stock Buyback: The Complete PBS Interview Transcript

GHARIB: Is there a price at which you would buy back shares of Berkshire? $85,000? $80,000?

BUFFETT: (Laughs.) I wouldn’t name a number. If I ever name a number, I’ll name it publicly. I mean, if we ever get to the point where we’re contemplating doing it, I would make a public announcement.

GHARIB: But would you ever be interested, are you in favor of buying back shares?

BUFFETT: I think if your stock is undervalued, significantly undervalued, that a management should look at that as an alternative to every other activity. That used to be the way people bought back stocks, but in recent years, companies have bought back stocks at high prices. They’ve done it because they like supporting the stock. They don't ever say it.

GHARIB: In your case, with Berkshire. I mean, it's down a lot. It was up to 147-thousand last year. Would you ever be opposed to buying back stock?

BUFFETT: I’m not opposed to buying back stock.

Link to the Video

Full Transcript

No comments:

Google