Wednesday, December 1, 2010

The Billionaires' Road Trip Premieres Tonight On CNBC (Preview & Excerpts)






Warren Buffett on BYD:
In the last 15 years they went from nothing to becoming a very important company in several industries and autos are very competitive so nobody knows for sure who will be the winners 5 or 10 years down the road. But I think it would be a mistake to bet against BYD. I mean you've got a company that has enormous momentum. You've got a fellow at the top who's still only 45 years of age, who's got very big dreams and who has shown an ability to make his dreams come true. And you do have this cooperation between labor and government - so big things could come out of there.

Charlie Munger On His Reaction To Seeing BYD's Operations:
Well, this always happens to me. I am constantly finding that my over enthusiasms weren't strong enough. And so I had this extreme appreciation of byd. When I see it more closely I underestimated it. The culture is really strong and the momentum in place is really strong. And the morals of the place are really strong. And so I came here with wildly enthusiastic expectations and of course ive been surprised. I underestimated it.

Munger On BYD's Future:
I think it will have hiccups and bumps, but I think it will just basically go from triumph to triumph. I think what it will do will be awesome.

No comments:

Google